so i’ve been antsy to get stuff up on my walls to make it feel more cozy and “beach cottagey chic” like i wanted. i saw a bus blind in a home decor boutique here in hawaii for $350 a while back and loved the look of it. but for that price, um, no thanks. this girl has the most adorrrrable beach cottage in australia and i have gotten SO much inspiration from her home.when i saw she had a DIY on her blog for a bus blind i got super duper excited and here ya have it:
2) went to the hardware store to get black spraypaint, picture hangers, and glue.
3) got my inner-gangsta on and sprayed the crap out of the frame. (note: if you try this, make sure there is no wind. you will end up with flying dust/weeds/dog hair/etc. in your wet paint)
4) i was actually patient enough to let it dry.
5) made signs on my computer displaying the significant places/streets of my life in chronological order. (i also searched like a madman trying to find the perfect font that resembles a real bus blind..i found this one that is no joke called “tall dark and handsome condensed” – you can find it here.)
6) used craft glue to stick the posters on the frame.
7) hung it on the wall using picture hangers.
8) TA-DA! bus blind complete. i sat back and stared and was happy with the turnout. especially cause it has a personal touch too. take that boutique. $350 versus $22. i win!